Dr. Janet is a nationally recognized expert in the field of health, wellness and cardiovascular disease prevention and is frequently sought after by the media as a trusted source of nutrition and fitness information.
Janet holds master's degrees in both nutrition and exercise physiology and a doctorate in exercise physiology.
- American College of Sports Medicine
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Wellcoaches, Inc.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
- Cholesterol Down (2007)
- Prevent a Second Heart Attack (Feb. 2011)
- Blood Pressure Down (Upcoming May 07, 2013)
She is also the author of Nutrition Together (2010), a healthy eating and weight loss program available at all Fitness Together personal training studios, worldwide.
- International Journal of Sport Nutrition
- American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine
- International Journal of Obesity
- ACSM Health & Fitness Journal
- Woman’s World
- Today’s Diet
- Men’s Health
- First for Women
- Health and many, many more
Dr. Janet is the Director of Nutrition for Fitness Together, Inc., the world's largest organization of
- American Express
- Proctor & Gamble
- Goldman Sachs
- ABN AMRO
- AON Insurance
- Deloitte and Touche
She is the guest nutrition expert on the national television show The Balancing Act (Lifetime).
Janet is a reviewer for articles submitted for publication to the International Journal of Obesity and Preventive Medicine journals.
Dr Janet has been an adjunct college professor at the University of Miami and Florida International University where she taught graduate and undergraduate courses in nutrition, health and fitness for many years.
Dr. Janet "practices what she preaches," having completed four marathons and countless 5K, 10K and half-marathon charity road races. She also enjoys swimming, winter sports and weight training.
A "semi-vegetarian" for over twenty years (she eats fish) Dr. Brill supports the notion of following mainly a plant-based Mediterranean-style diet for good health and longevity.
- Licensed Nutritionist
- Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Wellness Coach
- ACSM, NSCA, AND
Registered and licensed dietitian/nutritionist (AND #810084, Florida License #ND 0002450), Certified Exercise Technologist (ACSM #2265), Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA #85560803), Certified Wellness Coach (Wellcoaches, Inc. #1765)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida.
- Master of Science Degree in Exercise Physiology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida.
- Master of Science Degree in Dietetics and Nutrition, Florida International University, Miami, Florida.
- Doctoral Degree in Exercise Physiology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida.
- American College of Sports Medicine, Certified Exercise Test Technologist
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Personal Trainer
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Registered Dietitian
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
- WellCoaches, Inc., Certified Wellness coach
Founding member 2003-present
eating more butter
- SALT! Shaking Out Fact From Fiction
Sat, April 26, 2014 EST
"It's an absolute pleasure to work with Dr Janet Brill. An expert in her nutrition field, Dr Brill is quick in responding to media requests, always projects a positive attitude, and is media savvy! I'd work with Dr Brill anytime!"
- Gloria Tsang, RD,