Dr. Janet has attained the prestigious Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics certification.
Fellows have earned a master's or doctoral degree and have accumulated at least eight years of work experience. They have taken on multiple professional roles with diverse and complex responsibilities and functions, and possess a diverse network of broad, geographically dispersed professional contacts.
Fellows also have successfully demonstrated an approach to practice that reflects a global, intuitive and evolving perspective; creating problem solving; and commitment to self-growth through a portfolio assessment.
"Ask Dr. Janet" nutrition, health and fitness blog for Fitness Together won the bronze 2011 Web Health Award!
Recognizing the movers and shakers in the therapy industry
School of Education, University of Miami, June, 2001.
"A comparison of different exercise prescriptions combined with a low fat Ad Libitum diet: effects on weight loss, cardiovascular disease risk factors and psychological well-being in premenopausal overweight females"
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Golden Key Honor Society
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Honor Society
- Outstanding Student Dietitian Award (FIU)
2012 Nutrition Entrepreneur of the Year Award
Gold medal winner in the 2011:
category of the International Book Awards for Prevent a Second Heart Attack
Recipient of a Web Health Award for the Fitness Together Blog "Ask Dr. Janet"
- 1 cup of grapes contains approximately 62 calories; 1 cup of raisins, 493 calories.
- 1 cup of blueberries contains 84 calories; 1 cup of dried blueberries, 480 calories.
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple chunks contains 82 calories; a 12-ounce package of dried pineapple, about 1,100 calories!