Non-fat Greek Yogurt – Low Cholesterol Food
Non-fat Greek yogurt is a creamy substitute to replace sour cream, cream cheese, and/or mayonnaise in your favorite Super Bowl party dip or dish.
In fact, a 6-ounce serving of plain Greek yogurt contains zero fat, about 15-20 grams of protein (equivalent to 2-3 ounces of meat), and 20% of your daily recommended calcium intake!
Low Cholesterol SUPER BOWL SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
To reduce cholesterol in your diet, Go Greek with this great Super Bowl Recipe!
The spinach and artichokes combination creates a rich source of vitamin C to protect your immune system by fighting against bacteria,viruses, and infection and acting as an antihistamine to decrease inflammation, especially during the cold and flu season.
Yields: 12 servings, 1 serving = ¼ cup
- 1-10 ounce frozen spinach package, thawed
- 1-14 ounce can of artichoke hearts, drained
- 1-8 ounce of water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 16 ounces of 0% plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Spoon the mixture into a baking dish.
- To melt the cheese and warm the dip, bake the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Prepare carrot, celery, and bell pepper sticks, and whole wheat pita chips to scoop up the warm dip!
*You can also warm the dip in a slow cooker. Put the cold mixture in the slow cooker for 1 hour on high.
Nutrient Information Per Serving (1/4 cup of dip):
- Calories: 80 calories
- Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
- Sodium: 265 mg
- Carbohydrate: 8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 4 g
Lower your cholesterol in just 4 weeks!
Are you one out of millions who are struggling with high cholesterol?
AMonitor and lower your cholesterol level without statins in just 30 days. Download Dr. Janet's cholesterol down app, which will help you achieve your fitness goals and stay healthy.