Zero Cholesterol Recipe Of Watermelon Black Bean And Corn Salsa
As of Saturday, June 21st, Summer is officially here, which means it is finally watermelon season!
Watermelon is the perfect super low calorie refreshing treat that always seems to quench our thirst on hot summer days, especially July 4th weekend just around the corner! Enjoy a serving of fruit (1 cup of watermelon) to replace those post dinner high calorie desserts such as ice cream, cookies, and cake.
In addition to being a sweet snack and dessert all by itself, diced/chopped watermelon can sweeten side dishes, salads, or salsas, as featured in this week’s feature recipe, Watermelon Black Bean and Corn Salsa.
Low calorie and zero cholesterol recipe of Watermelon Black Bean and Corn Salsa:
Use seasonal fruit to create a unique salsa instead of your usual tomato salsa.
Yield:16 servings (1 serving = ¼ cup)
- 2 cups of watermelon, diced
- 2 ears of corn, cooked, corn cut off the cob
- ½ cup of low sodium black beans, rinsed and
- 1/3 cup of red onion, minced
- ½ medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro leaves, minced·
- 1 lime, fresh squeezed juice·
- ½ tsp of cracked black pepper
Optional: 1 jalapeño, minced
In a medium size bowl, add all the ingredients and mix together. Salsa is ready to serve!
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories: 26 kcal
Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Dietary Fiber: 1g,
Sodium: 46 mg