#1 on Amazon for the Kindle Edition
The best in Heart Disease based on Amazon customer reviews!
If you are one of the nearly 107 million Americans struggling with high cholesterol, then Dr. Janet Brill offers you a revolutionary new plan for taking control of your health—without the risks of statin drugs.
With Dr. Brill’s breakthrough Cholesterol Down Plan, you simply add nine “miracle foods” to your regular diet and 30 minutes of walking to your daily routine. That’s all.
This straightforward and easy-to-follow plan can lower your LDL (bad) cholesterol by as much as 47% in just 4 weeks.
Cholesterol Down explains Dr. Brill’s 10 point plan as well as the science behind it.
You’ll learn how each miracle food affects LDL (bad) cholesterol, and how the foods work together for maximum effect, as well as:
- How eating whole grains helps reduce LDL cholesterol in your bloodstream
- Why antioxidants keep plaque from building up in your arteries
- How certain steps change the structure of LDL particles (and why it’s best for them to be large and fluffy)
- Why walking just thirty minutes a day lowers “bad” cholesterol and cuts dangerous belly fat
With everything you need to stay focused on the plan, including a daily checklist, six-month chart for tracking LDL cholesterol changes, tools for assessing your risk level for cardiovascular disease, sample weekly menus, and even heart-healthy recipes, Cholesterol Down is the safe and effective alternative (or adjunct) to statin drugs.
"Just wanted to let you know, I had new blood work done recently. My cholesterol is down 50 points in 5 months!!!!
You already knew this, but your book has been a wonderful guide and motivator."
"I don't normally do this but I just need to thank you for your "Cholesterol Down" book. I am an otherwise healthy 51-year old male who had an overall cholesterol level of 243 in June 2010. I was loathe to start taking prescription drugs (which doctors are all too quick to prescribe) because once you start you never stop. I immediately went online and found your book and purchased a copy. I have been diligently following your recommendations, as well as eliminating cheese, and all meats (I only eat chicken and fish). My cholesterol went down to 201 in September 2010 and 181 this month. Your book is invaluable; I have recommended it to many friends and acquaintances and they have started your regimen also. So thank you again for providing the world with a viable alternative to becoming a part of the "pharmaceutical industrialn complex."
- Perform strength training exercises at Fitness Together that are proven bone-builders: squats, leg press, military press, lat pull-downs...
- Perform weight-bearing cardio exercises, daily, such as: walking/jogging, jumping rope, stair stepping.
- Bone-up on calcium-rich foods such as non-fat dairy, almond, canned salmon with bones included, spinach, figs, butternut squash and spinach to name a few.
- Take a calcium and vitamin D3 supplement.
- Avoid soda-a calcium-draining food.
- Eat a more plant-based diet.