Prep time: 30 min * Cook time: 25 min * Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Vidalia onions, peeled and quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (~ 1 ½ pounds)
- Non-stick olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 500° F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Place cauliflower florets in a large mixing bowl. Spray with olive oil cooking spray. Combine water and mustard and pour over cauliflower.
- Mix onion mixture and cauliflower together and spread on a roasting pan lined with parchment paper and coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 500° for 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Per serving: Calories 110; Total fat: 7g; Saturated fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 130mg; Carbohydrates: 10g; Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 3g.
Tip: Spread cauliflower out in an even layer so the florets are not touching. Roasting on parchment paper will give your cauliflower a pan-fried finish.